[NTG-context] Which Image quality should I use ?

Pol Stra ryzz at hotmail.fr
Sat Jul 12 14:58:32 CEST 2014

Hello everyone,

this is a question a little out of topic, but I think there are here people
used to this concerns who can give me an answer.

I have several images I want to put in my document:

$-> mediainfo "mypicture.png"

General
Complete name                            : mypicture.png
Format                                   : PNG
Format/Info                              : Portable Network Graphic
File size                                : 5.19 MiB

Image
Format                                   : PNG
Format/Info                              : Portable Network Graphic
Width                                    : 1 600 pixels
Height                                   : 1 600 pixels
Bit depth                                : 32 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossless
Stream size                              : 5.19 MiB (100%)

Of course, this makes a huge pdf (I put the source in a zip file attached to
the pdf so data are replicated). I wonder, what can I do to reduce the size of
those files while keeping a printable quality document?

I think I should do something like:
`convert -density 300 input.png -resize AAAxBBB output.png`

but I don't know if it’s the good way to do it or which resolution is
appropriate.

Best regards,