[NTG-context] running PlainTeX from beta

Philipp Gesang Philipp.Gesang at alumni.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Jul 11 19:13:24 CEST 2014

···<date: 2014-07-11, Friday>···<from: Hans Hagen>···

> On 7/11/2014 7:06 PM, Meer, H. van der wrote:
> > I have some plaintex code to run from the ConTeXt beta-distribution, because I didn't install the complete TeXp-distribution (and if possible prefer to keep it that way).
> >
> > I did not fare well with running "texexec --make plain" and "mtxrun --script plain myfile.tex"
> > The first command does not give a sign of dumping the plain format somewhere, the second command complains "I can't find the format file luatex-plain.fmt"
> >
> > It looks if I am on the wrong track for using luatex with plain. Will someone please be so kind to turn me in the right direction?
>
> mtxrun --script plain --make

While you’re at it, could you please report back whether this
succeeds immediately or bombs out like so:

    Preloading the plain format: codes, registers, parameters, fonts, more fonts,
    ! Font \preloaded=manfnt not loadable: metric data not found or bad.
    <to be read again>
    \par

Thanks!
Philipp