[NTG-context] No new paragraph after framedtext

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 14:21:59 CEST 2014

Am 05.07.2014 um 13:07 schrieb Flavien Lambert <petit.lepton at gmail.com>:

> Dear all, I was wondering if there was a way to avoid a new paragraph after a framed text. For example, the following code
>
> \starttext
> \framedtext[width=6em]{abc}\framedtext[width=6em]{abc}
> \stoptext
>
> produces two boxes on top of each other. Is it possible to make them side by side?
>
> I could use a table but I would like to keep the possibility of playing with the framebox size as much as I want (like a patchwork of boxes of different sizes that would span part of the pages).

Add \dontleavehmode before the first \framedtext.

\starttext
\dontleavehmode\framedtext[width=6em]{abc}\framedtext[width=6em]{abc}
\stoptext

When you want more control about the horizontal placement put them in a line alignment environment:

\starttext
\startlinealignment[middle]
  \framedtext[width=6em]{abc}\framedtext[width=6em]{abc}
\stoplinealignment
\stoptext

Wolfgang