[NTG-context] underbraces get progressively more misaligned (w/ minimal example)

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 06:58:44 CEST 2014

Am 04.07.2014 um 00:51 schrieb Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl>:

> On 7/4/2014 12:37 AM, Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
>>> context --make does a --generate so you can skip that and the luatools
>>> run is not needed either (selfupdate is seldom needed too)
>>
>> So 'context --make' is all one needs?  I'll update the wiki.
>>
>>> we get a .5pt height difference somewhere (nothing else different in a
>>> trace) ... smells like a luatex bug (testing that now)
>>
>> That is my suspicion as well.  But I couldn't reproduce it with plain
>> luatex.  Though maybe I needed to use equation numbers, however that is
>> done in plain tex (the context run doesn't show the problem without the
>> \placeformula).
>>
>> I suspect some internal state is getting slightly corrupted and getting
>> progressively worse with the 30,000 repetitions.
>
> here it happens after a pagebreak (a few lines overflow are ok)

It does also depend on the width of the text because when I use 48pt in the example below
the height of the brace is always the same but with 49pt the height increases after the first page.

\starttext

\dorecurse{100}
  {\startformula
   \mathord
     {%\setbox\scratchbox\mathstylehbox{\Umathaccent\fam\zerocount"FE3DF{\hskip48pt}}%
      \setbox\scratchbox\mathstylehbox{\Umathaccent\fam\zerocount"FE3DF{\hskip49pt}}%
      \the\userpageno:\the\ht\scratchbox}%
   \stopformula}

\stoptext

Wolfgang