[NTG-context] ConTeXt epub workflow

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Thu Jul 3 05:13:51 CEST 2014

Am 2014-07-03 um 03:12 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد <ishamid at colostate.edu>:

> What is the recommended, more efficient workflow for this sort of thing? Should I start with markdown and then generate context and epub (then convert epub=>kindle I presume)? Or does one context file with pdf and epub outputs work well? Many years ago I did some documents in ConTeXt with both print and screen pdfs from a single source. Can we do the latter in ConTeXt now? Does anyone have any examples?

ConTeXt’s ePub output is not usable without conversion (to XHTML). Its XML output is even corrupt if you try with a project structure. You have to mark every structure like \start/\stopparagraph - very tedious!
Some other workflow is probably more efficient.

That said, I recently completed an ePub from a ConTeXt source, but I can’t recommend it, there was a lot of manual tweaking involved.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net