[NTG-context] win2k and context

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 22:33:35 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:
>> http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2013/071049.html
>> > Taco keeps an archive of windows binaries on
>> >     http://foundry.supelec.fr/gf/project/luatex/frs/
>
> not found

It seems that the URL stopped working for some reason (maybe software
upgrade?), the working url is:

https://foundry.supelec.fr/frs/?group_id=10

>> >     (click on package name to get the list of older releases)
>> > but they were compiled on a different compiler, so you need to
>> > check yourself whether they work for you or not.
>> >
>> > In case not, my best bet for downloading it would be fetching
>> > luatex.dll from an arbitrary commit from
>> >     http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/win32/
>
> not clear to me how to extract a certain older version!

http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/win32/luatex.dll?view=log

or

svn co svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/win32
cd win32
svn log # to see what's there
svn up -r<some number>

>> > Most probably the latest binary is still 0.72.0 in which case you > > can also fetch it from
>> >     http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/archive
>
> The version is not obvious to me! Seems more or less current. No
> older archives!

That was true at that time when the version in TeX live was probably
still working. You might be able to fetch and old TeX Live from the
archive.

ftp://ftp.tug.org/historic/systems/texlive/

Akira's recent binaries don't support Windows 2000 any longer, that's
for sure, but he's using Visual Studio. There is a reasonable chance
that you might be able to compile luatex yourself with MinGW (maybe
Taco's binaries are working) and maybe that would work even with the
latest version of LuaTeX. But you need to try yourself. You are
probably the only ConTeXt user on Windows 2000 ;)

Mojca