[NTG-context] database module: the first letter is lost

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Thu Jun 26 02:02:05 CEST 2014

On 2014-06-25 19:34, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 26.06.2014 um 01:19 schrieb Rik Kabel <context at rik.users.panix.com>:
>
>> Adding \obeylines as Wolfgang indicated did not resolve the issue with my test case (shortened below), while removing #5 as Hans suggested does resolve it.
> There is a difference between
>
>    \startFOO
>>    \stopFOO
>
> and
>
>    \startFOO … \stopFOO
>
> because context gobbles only content in the same line as \startFOO when you add \obeylines and in the first case there is nothing which can be removed.
>
> Wolfgang
Thank you, Wolfgang, for the explanation.

When I use

    \startTest
    \TestText
    \stopTest

or

    \startTest
    \TestText\stopTest

it does indeed work with the obeylines fix. It fails on the one-line
version and also on

    \startTest\TestText
    \stopTest

I have no problem using the multi-line versions. I only reduced it to a
single line in preparing the MWE. I have, however, seen such one-line
incantations in other examples on the list and possibly in the wiki. I
do not recall who wrote them.

I will now leave this to the developers to handle as they see best.

--
Rik