[NTG-context] database module: the first letter is lost

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jun 26 01:04:23 CEST 2014

> Am 25.06.2014 um 21:44 schrieb Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl
> <mailto:pragma at wxs.nl>>:
>
>> On 6/25/2014 7:21 PM, Michael Green wrote:
>>> This appears to be the same as the problem Peter Münster found with
>>> the letter module
>>>
>>> \usemodule[database]
>>>
>>> \defineseparatedlist[MyTable]
>>> [separator=tab,
>>> before=\bTABLE,after=\eTABLE,
>>> first=\bTR,last=\eTR,
>>> left=\bTD,right=\eTD]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> The first letter of “Cell” is lost.
>>>
>>> \startseparatedlist[MyTable]
>>> Cell 1Cell 2
>>> \stopseparatedlist
>>>
>>> With an extra return, “Cell” is intact.
>>>
>>> \startseparatedlist[MyTable]
>>>
>>> Cell 1Cell 2
>>> \stopseparatedlist
>>>

>>> \stoptext
>>
>> in buff-ini.mkiv change this:
>>
>> \def\buff_start_indeed#1#2#3#4%
>>  {\normalexpanded{\buff_pickup{#2}{#3}{#4}{}{\buff_stop{#4}}\plusone}}
>>
>> probably needs some checking
>
> Adding \obeylines to \grabbufferdatadirect would also work
>
> \unexpanded\def\grabbufferdatadirect % name start stop
>    {\begingroup % (6)
> +  \obeylines
>     \buff_start_indeed\empty}
>
> but I’m interested what’s the purpose of the fifth argument for
> \buff_start_indeed.

that was wrong; the pickup macro has a fifth argument (\plusone here)
but goes unnoticed when you add \obeylines in which case the first
'obeyedline' ended up in #5

(i probably messed up when adding some feature but i would have to need
to look at older code to see how/when)

does it make sense?