[NTG-context] Character alignment in math mode

Brian R. Landy brian at landy.cx
Wed Jun 25 23:20:49 CEST 2014

On Wed, 25 Jun 2014, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 24.06.2014 um 21:46 schrieb Maggyero <maggyero at gmail.com>:
>
>>> why  use math here?
>>
>> It was to avoid oldstyle figures that I use by default. But finally
>> it's better to use oldstyle figures even in tables.
>
> You can enable lining (and tabular) figures in the table when you
> don’t want oldstyle figures.

Out of curiosity, how do you do that (i.e., revert back to lining, and
tabular, figures in a table, or even in running text)?

For example, if I do this:

     \starttext
     \bf 12345\par
     \tf 12345\par
     \stoptext

the first line is bold but the second is not.  But if I do the same with
\os:

     \starttext
     \os 12345\par
     \tf 12345\par
     \stoptext

both lines use old style numbers.  Is there a way to switch the current
font back to lining figures without reloading the font with
\switchtobodyfont or something similar?

Thanks,
Brian