[NTG-context] Character alignment in math mode

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 09:10:19 CEST 2014

Am 25.06.2014 um 02:49 schrieb Maggyero <maggyero at gmail.com>:

> > You can access the current font alternative with the \fontalternative command
>
> Thanks Wolfgang, that was exactly the command I was looking for!
>
> A last question: how can one get italic greek in TEXT MODE? The following code displays upright greek.
>
> \starttext
> \mathgreekitalic \alpha
> \stoptext

The command \mathgreekitalic can only be used in math mode, when you want a italic alpha
in text mode you need a font which has greek characters (e.g. Gentium).

\definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif] [gentium] [default]
\definetypeface [mainface] [mm] [math]  [xits]    [default]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext
α {\it α} \quad \m{\alpha \mathgreekupright \alpha \mathgreekitalic \alpha}
\stoptext

Wolfgang