[NTG-context] cloning context git repository

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 18:18:39 CEST 2014

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 06/22/2014 02:04 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>>
>>> GitHub is then fine.
>>
>> No, it's not. They'll kick us out once we start putting gigabytes of
>> binaries on their site.
>
> I understand their position. Huge binaries in GitHub would make them
> something different than a git hosting provider.
>
> BTW, what is the problem of distributing the huge binaries on CTAN?

None (other than CTAN mirrors generating more traffic if they had to
sync *too much*). Except that it wouldn't really help us to have
anything on the CTAN mirrors if CTAN mirrors aren't set up to serve as
rsync and git servers.

>>> Sorry, I overlooked that this was ConTeXt.
>>
>> You couldn't have know it. I have put the repository there after you
>> asked. And there was not any description there earlier.
>
> I thought I hadn’t read a description, but I tend not to trust my memory
> too much ;-).
>
> If you allow me a suggestion for GitHub I’d remove the issue tracker on
> both repositories.

Thank you for the suggestion, done. I already had to explain people
that I'm unable to accept pull requests (even though that was for a
different mirror).

I would have done it earlier, but I forgot about it.

Mojca