[NTG-context] cloning context git repository

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sun Jun 22 17:09:37 CEST 2014

On 06/22/2014 02:04 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> On 06/22/2014 10:40 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> And if I put a complete distribution into the repository as intended,
>>> we could probably set the time limit to a few days ;)
>>
>> GitHub is then fine.
>
> No, it's not. They'll kick us out once we start putting gigabytes of
> binaries on their site.

I understand their position. Huge binaries in GitHub would make them
something different than a git hosting provider.

BTW, what is the problem of distributing the huge binaries on CTAN?

>>> http://github.com/contextgarden/context
>>
>> Sorry, I overlooked that this was ConTeXt.
>
> You couldn't have know it. I have put the repository there after you
> asked. And there was not any description there earlier.

I thought I hadn’t read a description, but I tend not to trust my memory
too much ;-).

If you allow me a suggestion for GitHub I’d remove the issue tracker on
both repositories.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk