[NTG-context] cloning context git repository

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 14:04:35 CEST 2014

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 06/22/2014 10:40 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 8:03 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> How about increasing the timeout to 600 seconds?
>>
>> We can, but then at least we need to make a rough calculation of what
>> transfer speed should still be supported. And no matter what value we
>> use, it will break for people (I also get a lot of "memory limit
>> exceeded" warnings in the logs, without even having any significant
>> number of users). The repository is currently a bit below 100 MiB.
>>
>> And if I put a complete distribution into the repository as intended,
>> we could probably set the time limit to a few days ;)
>
> GitHub is then fine.

No, it's not. They'll kick us out once we start putting gigabytes of
binaries on their site.

>>> Also contextgarden is already taken at GitHub.
>>
>> Indeed.
>>
>> http://github.com/contextgarden/context
>
> Sorry, I overlooked that this was ConTeXt.

You couldn't have know it. I have put the repository there after you
asked. And there was not any description there earlier.

>>> context is taken at Bitbucket, but not contexgarden. How about Bitbucket?
>>
>> I need to make an account first.
>
> Well, my previous question doesn’t make sense, if GitHub has a ConTeXt repo.

It still does if some users are addicts of BitBucket ;)

In any case it would make sense to update the repository on Gitorious
at some point.

Mojca