[NTG-context] cloning context git repository

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 10:40:55 CEST 2014

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 8:03 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 06/21/2014 11:32 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> from what I understand the issue is that GitLab times out after a
>> while. We managed to reproduce the problem though and the admin
>> recently increased the timeout from 30 to 300 seconds, but we cannot
>> just increase the timeout to infinity.
>
> Hi Mojca,
>
> many thanks for your reply.
>
> How about increasing the timeout to 600 seconds?

We can, but then at least we need to make a rough calculation of what
transfer speed should still be supported. And no matter what value we
use, it will break for people (I also get a lot of "memory limit
exceeded" warnings in the logs, without even having any significant
number of users). The repository is currently a bit below 100 MiB.

And if I put a complete distribution into the repository as intended,
we could probably set the time limit to a few days ;)

>> As a workaround you can also fetch the files from my personal GitHub
>> mirror.
>
> This is what I have done.
>
>> And maybe create a project at GitHub, but "context" is already
>> taken.
>
> Also contextgarden is already taken at GitHub.

Indeed.

http://github.com/contextgarden/context

> context is taken at Bitbucket, but not contexgarden. How about Bitbucket?

I need to make an account first.

Mojca