[NTG-context] internal mptopdf converter skips some glyphs in labels

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 5 21:37:25 CEST 2014

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> writes:

> you see the message:
> LuaTeX warning (file cmr10): Font cmr10 at 3000 not found

You are right, though I had unwisely ignored it (weak excuse below).

> so you need to load a map file that matches the used fonts:
> \loadmapfile[mkiv-base]

That does fix it, thanks.

The warning message, which is helpful, seems to happen only with a
relatively recent LuaTeX.  In my earlier tests, with 0.78, there wasn't
a message, and also with the luatex in Debian's TL2014 there isn't one
(which is why I ignored it).

Debian's TL has luatex beta-0.79.1 (TeX Live 2014/Debian) (rev 4971)

The version in the context standalone is just a bit later:

beta-0.79.1 (TeX Live 2014/dev) (rev 4972)

Hard to believe that one svn revision makes all the difference, but
maybe it does.

-Sanjoy