[NTG-context] Ctx & Lua 5.3 (was: Ctx goes into infinite loop?)

Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. LPr at pontex.cz
Wed May 28 11:26:50 CEST 2014

Hello,

On Sun, 25 May 2014 18:33:59 +0200, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

> On 5/25/2014 1:33 PM, Lukáš Procházka wrote:
>
>> - Question: when is Ctx supposed to adopt Lua 5.3?
>
> It will take a while as
>
> - 5.3 it's not yet official
> - then 5.3 needs to become stable
> - we need to test implications of the new number system
> - tests have shows it's a slightly slower
>
> Maybe there's nothing to gain from a move to 5.3, apart from keeping up
> with general Lua. If we make the switch it will first be tested quite a
> while in production before it leaves beta.

OK.

Did you think about Ctx be able to use more Lua versions?

Similar like "--jit" forces LuaJIT instead of Lua;
"--lua52" would force Lua 5.2 instead Lua 5.3+ once Lua 5.3+ is adopted into Ctx core (and supposing Ctx won't use any Lua 5.3+ extras).

Best regards,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka [mailto:LPr at pontex.cz]