[NTG-context] placement of graphics across coluums.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon May 26 17:23:59 CEST 2014

In Scribus, (which has many shortcomings compared
to Context for book length documents,) there is
one trick that is pretty easy. In a double column
document one can place a graphic in another
layer that is part in one column and part in
another, but not spanning either column
completely.  Then the texts in each column can
be made to flow around the graphic. I have looked
in "It's in the details" and the "Columns"
document but I cannot find this specific example.
I thought I saw one years ago.

Is such a trick possible in Context without
heroic special coding?

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press