[NTG-context] \setnumber

Werner Hintze we.hintze at gmail.com
Thu May 22 11:37:58 CEST 2014

I don’t unterstand \startfrontmatter, \starbodymatter etc.

I thought, the frontmatter has roman numerals, the bodymatter normal and
so on. This is not automatically so. Now  founf how to make this, bus
the problem is: I can’t reset the page number. I believed, it shoul
work like this:

     \startfrontmatter
         \setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=Romannumerals]
		% some stuff
     \stopfrontmatter

     \startbodymatter
         \setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=numbers]
         \setnumber[page]{1}
		%some stuff
	\stopbodymatter

This doesn’t work, may be because \setnumber is not a command in
ConTeXt?

Where is my error?