[NTG-context] Using the margin for two purposes

Rik rik at panix.com
Tue May 20 01:50:11 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-19 19:24, Matthias Weber wrote:
> Thanks Hans,
>
> while I did experiment I had no chance at divining the correct dimension distance=-\dimexpr\textwidth+2mm below.
>
> So, with that, my bare bones marginbar in the right margin could look like the one in the file below. Where do I squeeze in the alternative=1
> option to get dotted lines? When I put it into \definesidebar, the sidebar disappears, and when I  write \startsidebar[oeps,alternative=1]
> it reverts to the default left sidebar (albeit dotted).
>
> Matthias

Matthias,

You can use distance= in \setupmarginrules to achieve the result you
want. All of the other keys work with it. The sidebar commands, if not
deprecated, are not described in the wiki or in the reference manual or
the command arguments manual, and have not been discussed on the list
for the last six years.

--
Rik