[NTG-context] Using the margin for two purposes

Matthias Weber matweber at indiana.edu
Sun May 18 17:56:50 CEST 2014

Thanks Aditya,

my metapost skills will probably not suffice to start this from scratch, but your hints made me dig around in the sources a little,
and in mp-apos.mpiv I found anch_sidebars_draw which not only draws the straight marginrules but also dotted ones, to
be invoked with \startmarginrule[2,alternative=1].

This confirms my suspicion that Hans has a time machine that allows him to implement features so that they are miraculously already available when requested.

I then tried to play around with this function a little, e.g. changing
	dashed (withdots scaled (linewidth*2))
	 dashed evenly
but, to my embarrassment, it didn’t have any effect. Do I need to do something else besides saving the modified file to
have it take effect?

Thanks,
Matthias