[NTG-context] Using the margin for two purposes

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun May 18 16:19:23 CEST 2014

On Sun, 18 May 2014, Matthias Weber wrote:

> iii) Dream: Instead of solid margin rules I would love to have other options, like squiggly lines, dashed, dotted.

I don't have time to post a complete working example, but the normal way
to achieve such features is to textbackground and let Metapost take care
of the drawing.  See the metafun manual for examples.

Also see this answer at tex.sx http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/125486/323
for some implementation ideas.

If you just need margin rules, you can also use background which are
slightly simpler (less powerful but easier to work with) than
textbackgrounds.

Aditya