[NTG-context] LuaTeX-plain OpenType Features Select

Philipp Gesang Philipp.Gesang at alumni.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed May 14 00:16:54 CEST 2014

···<date: 2014-05-13, Tuesday>···<from: Hans Hagen>···

> On 5/13/2014 8:16 PM, Aíre Funvake wrote:

> >> no, and that is unlikely to show up in context as it makes no sense to
> >> specify colors that way .. just use the normal color commands

> >> how about adding
> >>
> >>    mode=node
> >>
> >> in the plain setup (often not needed in context)
> >>
> >> Hans
> >>
> > Thanks for the reply. Tried `mode=node`. Read about it, but never
> > thought
> > of putting it here!? The correct specification then is:
> >
> > \font\mono = {TheSansMonoCd-W5Regular:%
> >           script=latn;+lnum;+zero;mode=node} at \fntsze
> >
> > Confused about the color though. Read most of luatexref-t.pdf, and may
> > have missed it. The only reference (and it works in `luaotfload` under
> > TeXLive2013) is like this:
> >
> > \font\mono = {TheSansMonoCd-W5Regular:%
> >           script=latn;+lnum;+zero;mode=node;color=336699} at \fntsze
> >                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> so it looks like oftload adds that (or maybe the latex font definition
> code) but even then, it's probably implemented someplace else in the
> latex code
>
> > Found no other reference to setting color on fonts in LuaTeX-plain (the
> > ConTeXt version). Would love a pointer to the information though.
>
> it must be something latex i think (maybe to provide xetex
> compatibility) but it's definitely not in luatex (nor will be) and also
> not in context (which has more advanced color support than hex specs
> anyway)

That’s correct. The “color” key triggers a custom callback that
tints every glyph of the defined font. It’s part of Luaotfload
solely for compatibility for Xetex. IMO it’s not worth the
hassle; I recommend using a proper color package instead.

> if you want color, use context instead of plain

Probably the best suggestion =)

Philipp