[NTG-context] LuaTeX-plain OpenType Features Select

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue May 13 20:57:55 CEST 2014

On 5/13/2014 8:16 PM, Aíre Funvake wrote:
> On Tue May 13 19:56:34 2014, Hans Hagen wrote:

>>> Spoke too soon. The "zero.slashed" is selected, instead of
>>> "zero.lf.slashed",
>>> so that the zero is smaller than the rest of the lining figure numbers.
>>> In
>>> desperation, tried luatex with 'luaotfload.sty' under TeXLive2013, and
>>> it
>>> worked fine. `;color=XXXXXX` also works with `luaotfload`, but not with
>>> LuaTeX-plain from ConTeXt.
>>
>> no, and that is unlikely to show up in context as it makes no sense to
>> specify colors that way .. just use the normal color commands
>>
>>> Any ideas would be welcome. Exhausted Google query permutations and most
>>> font info if for LaTeX, pdfTeX, pdfLaTeX, LuaLaTeX or ConTeXt.
>>>
>>> Can I maybe as a hack switch the glyphs, or something?
>>
>> how about adding
>>
>>    mode=node
>>
>> in the plain setup (often not needed in context)
>>
>> Hans
>>
> Thanks for the reply. Tried `mode=node`. Read about it, but never
> thought
> of putting it here!? The correct specification then is:
>
> \font\mono = {TheSansMonoCd-W5Regular:%
>           script=latn;+lnum;+zero;mode=node} at \fntsze
>
> Confused about the color though. Read most of luatexref-t.pdf, and may
> have missed it. The only reference (and it works in `luaotfload` under
> TeXLive2013) is like this:
>
> \font\mono = {TheSansMonoCd-W5Regular:%
>           script=latn;+lnum;+zero;mode=node;color=336699} at \fntsze
>                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~

so it looks like oftload adds that (or maybe the latex font definition
code) but even then, it's probably implemented someplace else in the
latex code

> Found no other reference to setting color on fonts in LuaTeX-plain (the
> ConTeXt version). Would love a pointer to the information though.

it must be something latex i think (maybe to provide xetex
compatibility) but it's definitely not in luatex (nor will be) and also
not in context (which has more advanced color support than hex specs
anyway)

if you want color, use context instead of plain

> Big thanks for the `mode=node`; took me 6hrs to try and fix to no avail.

best try out these things with context (and if needed turn on tracing)