[NTG-context] Centering tabulate env. using \setuptabulate

Mikael P. Sundqvist mickep at gmail.com
Tue May 13 07:03:58 CEST 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 5:28 AM, Devendra Ghate
<devendra.ghate at gmail.com> wrote:
> I expect follow MWE to produce a centered table. But it does not.
> Am I making any obvious mistake.
>
> ---------------
> \definetabulate[centeredTable][|r|l|]
> \setuptabulate
>    [centeredTable]
>    [align={middle}]
> \starttext
>    \startcenteredTable
>      \HL
>      \NC I want this table \NC aligned in the center.\NR
>      \HL
>    \stopcenteredTable
> \stoptext
> ----------------
>
> This also *doesn't* work.
>
> ---------------
> \setuptabulate
>    [align={middle}]
> \starttext
>    \starttabulate[|r|l|]
>      \HL
>      \NC I want this table \NC aligned in the center.\NR
>      \HL
>    \stoptabulate
> \stoptext
> ----------------
>

> --
> Devendra Ghate

I'd do such things with

\starttext
\input knuth\par
\placetable[force,none]{none}{%
\starttabulate[|r|l|]
\HL
\NC I want this table \NC aligned in the center.\NR
\HL
\stoptabulate
}
\input knuth
\stoptext

(the knuths are there only not to make the page look so empty, and the
force makes it non-floating, and the nones are there to not have any
caption (or even Table title)) but maybe there are better solutions?

/Mikael