[NTG-context] 8th ConTeXt Meeting, Bassenge-Boirs, Belgium

Taco Hoekwater taco at docwolves.nl
Thu May 8 13:56:33 CEST 2014

Hello to everybody!

We are glad to announce the registration for the 8th International
Context Meeting is now open.

   http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2014

Early-bird registration is available until June 30, 2014, and this year
for the first time, we also have a special discount for first-time
attendees.

We are making a return visit to Jan @ 't Sjetootje, the same place where
we had our fifth meeting in 2011.

Those of you that were present will remember that our host Jan was
constantly busy cooking wonderful food for us. To celebrate our return
visit, the theme for this year's meeting is:

     ConTeXt Cookery

which means that we are planning for talks and tutorials on both
culinary and programming recipes and / or cookbooks. Jan has already
promised to take care of a hands-on culinary workshop :)

Further, we can promise a working internet connection, and also that
there will not be any completely underground full day excursions.

As it happens, Bassenge-Boirs is also the birth place of the official
ConTeXt Group, so in a way we are going back to our "roots". Even if you
cannot join us for the meeting, please consider becoming a member (if
you are not already). The meeting proceedings are going to be published
as the next issue of the Context Group journal, but there are more
advantages to membership. See

   http://group.contextgarden.net/

for more information about the ConTeXt Group.

We are looking forward to meeting you in Bassenge,

Best regards,

Taco Hoekwater
on behalf of the organizing committee
http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2014