[NTG-context] Continuous Item Numbering throughout an Entire Document

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Thu May 8 06:33:42 CEST 2014

Am 08.05.2014 um 01:17 schrieb Malte Stien <malte at stien.de>:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a rather long document listing a number of items, which I need to be numbered continuously throughout the entire document. The following approach appears to work well, except that the numbering restarts at the beginning of every chapter. Is there a way that can be avoided?
>
> \startitemize[n]
>  \item bar
>  \item faz
> \stopitemize[n]
>
> \startitemize[n, continue]
>  \item foo
>  \item bla
> \stopitemize[n]

1. Show complete examples and not only code snippets.

2. The \stopitemize command has *no* argument.

3. You have to use the \setupcounter command to set a continues numbering.

\setupcounter[itemgroup:itemize][way=bytext]

\setupitemgroup[itemize][each][n,continue]

\starttext

\dorecurse{2}
  {\chapter{First chapter}
   \dorecurse{2}