[NTG-context] automatically adding commands to some characters

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Mon Apr 28 23:53:51 CEST 2014

Dear list,

with slashes and en-dashes I experience the following in ConTeXt:
sometimes I need to add an \hskip0pt command after them to allow
linebreaks. One example would be "Council Directive 93/98/EEC".

The issue comes when using ConTeXt as target format from markdown
sources. pandoc generates the file, but it makes no sense to edit the
ConTeXt source.

Is there any command that allows the addition of arbitrary commands when
a character appears in text? I mean, a way that internally replaces
"Council Directive 93/98/EEC" with "Council Directive 93/\hskip0pt
98/\hskip0pt EEC"

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--