[NTG-context] Line number in "tex error"

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Apr 25 10:00:35 CEST 2014

On 4/25/2014 6:44 AM, Mikael P. Sundqvist wrote:

> If I want to catch the errors from the log file, is the best way to
> grep for "tex error" or something else? In this case the line is not
> correct there, but correct when the lines of the file is printed...

it relates to an indirect error: commands are of always expanded when
you think they are, some are delayed; also, blank is handled partially
in lua which then prints back stuff to tex which in turn can have an
error in code you never see (so, line 8 is in some internal buffer with
generated code)

in due time i can probably make error messages better but given the
nature of the macro language it will never be 100% ok