[NTG-context] Line number in "tex error"

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Apr 24 22:55:20 CEST 2014

On 4/24/2014 10:05 PM, Mikael P. Sundqvist wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When running the five lines long file
>
> \starttext
> Bla bla
> \blank[foo]
> Bla bla
> \stoptext
>
> through context I get the error below (the foo in the blank is there
> to get an error, see the attached log file for the full log file).
>
> My question is why is context first telling me that the error is on
> line 8 and not 3? (In this particular example this is not a problem,
> but I'd like to grep for errors in the log file when running through
> the editor). I see that the error is later said to be at line 3...

It depends a bit on what luatex version you're running .. there can be
errors in the source, in some macro (defined elsewhere), in lua code ...
and context tries as good as it can to print the right code .. in this
case the error is triggered deep down (foo is an undefined blank option
and so a dimen is expected).