[NTG-context] Orphans/Widows in the Index

Jan Tosovsky j.tosovsky at email.cz
Wed Apr 23 21:00:06 CEST 2014

Dear All,

in my auto-generated two column index (registry) there are several cases of
widows - it is the last item of the given letter which overflows to next
column/page:

    --------------- (start page) -------
    Usti 29 (!!! - I would expect to place here also one or better two
previous entries)

    Vamberk 18

There are also few cases of orphans, but this is not so strange:
    Josef 29

    K         (!!! - both these lines could be moved to the next
column/page)
    Karel 69
    ---------------- (end page) ---------

In my setup I have defined:

\startsetups[grid][mypenalties]
    \setdefaultpenalties
    \setpenalties\widowpenalties{2}{10000} % change to {3}{10000} doesn't
help
    \setpenalties\clubpenalties {2}{10000}
\stopsetups

\setuplayout[grid=yes, setups=mypenalties]

It is hard to provide MWE. Moreover, the content is for private use only.

Is there any remedy for this?

Thanks, Jan