[NTG-context] OT: looking for a "soviet" font

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Fri Apr 18 18:12:11 CEST 2014

Am 2014-04-18 um 01:42 schrieb Joshua Krämer <joshua.kraemer at gmail.com>:

> On 2014-04-16, 9:45, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>
>> I don’t think Baltica is very legible, even if it fits the style.
>
> It is based on Candida, which I find quite legible especially in small
> texts for German.  It is for example used by the German Magazine
> "Focus", you can see an example here (from "Focus Schule"):
> http://news.elli-e.de/Focus2000.jpg

Thank you!
I tried a slab serif as body font only once (can’t remember which), for a book that I typeset during vocational school, and I wouldn’t try it again.

> However, I don't know how legible its cyrillic characters are.

Cyrillic is illegible per se ;-)
Seriously, I find Cyrillic text always looks like in all small caps, besides me still not used to reading it.

> Anyway, I have no objections against a sans serif like Journal!

Thank you ;-)

For now I decided to use just PT Serif plus PT Sans. Everything that I tried yet in „historic“ looks didn’t please my eyes.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net