[NTG-context] Wrong pagenumber in index

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Apr 15 08:55:59 CEST 2014

On 4/10/2014 2:31 PM, jaheinen at gmx.de wrote:

> \page
> \index{world}world
> \page
> \completeindex
> \stoptext
>
> Result 2:
> hello 1 <- ok
> world 2
> It is ok but I didn't want to put text "some text" there.
>

> Try 3:
> Workaround: I put a tilde "~" instead of "some text":
>
> \starttext
> \section{Hello}\index{Hello}
> ~ <- putting the tilde here
> \page
> \index{world}world
> \page
> \completeindex
> \stoptext
>
> Result 3:
> hello 1 <- ok, with the tilde as a workaround
> world 2
>
> I don't like such tricks - is there a ConTeXt-way?

An index is bound to something, in most cases the next node (often a
character) ... just try to imagine what happens when it it not bound:

   text

   <index entry node>

   text

Where do you expect a page break? And how robust can that be
implemented? Normally you woudl expect the index to be bound to the
second text (think of broken lines/words). So .. the index commands
tries to bind to the following text.

\showstruts

\index{x}\strut