[NTG-context] \triangledown placed too low in Palatino

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at MIT.EDU
Sun Apr 13 04:44:59 CEST 2014

Otared Kavian <otared at gmail.com> writes:

> The \triangle operator is used for instance in the « symmetric
> difference » of two subsets

Ah, good to learn something about pure mathematics.  In my mathematics
degree, my tutor said, "You are very good at the applied material,"
which was not meant as a compliment.

So \triangle should be a \mathop rather than a \mathord?  Right now, as
Aditya pointed out, it's a \mathord ("ordinary"), in contrast to
\bigtriangleup, which is the same character but typeset as a binary
operator ("binary"). From char-def.lua :

 [0x25B3]={
  adobename="whiteuppointingtriangle",
  category="so",
  cjkwd="a",
  description="WHITE UP-POINTING TRIANGLE",
  direction="on",
  linebreak="ai",
  mathspec={
   {