[NTG-context] Bugs in linenumbering ?

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Thu Apr 3 19:01:04 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-03 13:16, Stéphane Goujet wrote:
> Le Thu, 03 Apr 2014 16:19:18 +0200,
> Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> a écrit :
>
>> you probably didn't test with the beta because most looks ok
>    Dammit, you are right. And yet I was using fairly recent versions
> (25/03 and 27/03).
>

>> with respect to text: you need to go narrower or set the distance to
>> (e.g.) -1cm
>    It seems I can indeed get nice results with
>
> \setuplinenumbering[location=text]
> \startnarrower[left]
> \startlinenumbering
>
>    Thanks !
>

>> i've added support for notes (somewhat tricky)
>>
>> \starttext
>> Here we have a footnote \footnote{%
>>       \startlinenumbering
>>           \input tufte
>   A few numbers : 012345679.
>>           \par % somehow needed
>>       \stoplinenumbering
>> }
>> \stoptext
>    Thank you again. To annoy you one more time, still one thing : the
> font size of the line numbers is the one of the main text, no the
> smaller one that numbers should have in the footnote part (just add a
> few numbers in the footnote text to compare easily).

As to the size in footnotes, try:

    \definelinenumbering[fntext]
    \setuplinenumbering[fntext][style=\ssxx]

or similar.

However, for the general case, there is still an issue with
linenumbering that begins after the beginning of a paragraph. The
work-around of \startnarrower cannot help in this case, since it appears
to always start a new paragraph. Thus, it cannot be used to reproduce
the form of quotation we are trying to replicate (from Thomas Bowdler,
/The Family Shakespeare/, 1807):