[NTG-context] Set two symbols in relative coordinates

"H. Özoguz" h.oezoguz at mmnetz.de
Wed Apr 2 08:03:05 CEST 2014

Hi,

because of some lacks of my font, I have to use some ugly font-hacks
(bad, I know, but have no choice, because there is still really no good
arabic font for setting quran, seems to be to hard for the world).

One of these hacks is to define a new letter by setting to symbols in
relative coordinates/position to each other.

E.g. I have here an alif (just like a vertical line) together with a dot
above it:

\define\dotalif{{ا \hskip-0.2em{\arial ۟}\hskip0.2em}}

with \hskip I can control the relative position horizontally. How to
control the vertical position, without effecting or switching the line -
like \vskip would do. Is there a method to bring it in position
(relatively, using em as unit), without affecting the normal text? Maybe
as overlay or something like that?

Thanks.
Huseyin