[NTG-context] TLS and externalfigure

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Mar 30 11:24:24 CEST 2014

On 3/30/2014 5:12 AM, Thangalin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have images hosted on a local web server using a self-signed
> certificate. For example:
>
> https://localhost/images/.../file.png
>
> When using ConTeXt, the image cannot be retrieved; a verified signed
> certificate works as expected.
>
> Using wget, self-signed certificates can be forced:
>
> wget --no-check-certificate https://localhost/images/.../file.png
>
> Does ConTeXt have a way to ignore/bypass certificate validation? If so, how?
>
> (Note: the certificate's common name is currently blank, which does
> not match 'localhost' -- I can fix that if required...)

a test:

in data-sch.lua you can find:

local function runcurl(name,cachename) -- we use sockets instead or the
curl library when possible
     local command = "curl --silent --create-dirs --output " ..
cachename .. " " .. name
     os.spawn(command)
end

you can try to add an option there, remake the format and see if that
works i can see if we can add such an option (by default or setup)