[NTG-context] Different size points in ellipsis

St├ęphane Goujet stephane.goujet at wanadoo.fr
Fri Mar 28 18:05:49 CET 2014

Le Fri, 28 Mar 2014 16:28:13 +0100,
Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> a écrit :

> On 3/28/2014 3:45 PM, Stéphane Goujet wrote:
> > Hello again,
> >

> >    If you look at one of the images in my previous post (I attached
> > it here again), you may notice the ellipsis (that has 5 periods
> > instead of 3, but that is not my concern). Its last period is
> > bigger, to indicate the fusion of the ellipsis and the sentence
> > final period. It does not seem stupid to me, so, out of curiosity
> > (I believe, in the end, I will stick to the modern typography, even
> > if it is more confusing), could that be easily typeset with
> > Context ? Either with a bigger final period, or with a normal size
> > final period and other smaller ones. I guess the second way is
> > better, for consistency with other periods in other sentences.
> >
> >    So far, I have defined ellipsis (all periods having the same
> > size) as: \unexpanded\def\ell{{\def\periodswidth{.4em}\periods[5]}}
>
> i'd keep the period constant and mess with the ellipses:
>
> \defineeffect [ellipses] [alternative=both,rulethickness=.5pt]
>
> test \starteffect[ellipses]\textellipsis\stopeffect .

  Thanks, I did not know about \starteffect.

  But this make *bigger* periods for the ellipsis, and when I try
smaller values for /rulethickness/, it does not go below the size of
the normal period (perhaps the limit is even a little bit larger than
the normal period size, something like 0.3pt), no matter how small a
value I use.

  Higher values scale correctly.

Stéphane.