[NTG-context] Caption whitespace overflows page

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Thu Mar 27 00:35:37 CET 2014

How can I get rid of the space at the top of the first line of text on
page three in the following MWE. The \setupfloats[spaceafter=none] masks
the problem rather than addresses the problem directly. Playing with the
size of the figures (changing them to 3cm) shows that the  caption text
is not pushed to the second page, just some whitespace imputed to them.
This happens with TL2013 and with the latest (20140325) standalone beta.

I may be able to get away with the figure overflowing into the footnote
space by avoiding footnotes, but the space on the next page is just ugly.

    \setuppapersize[A6]
    \setupexternalfigures[location={local,default}]
    \setupfloats[spaceafter=none]
    \starttext
    \input{knuth}
    \placefigure[left]{Caption}
       {\startcombination[1*3]
         {\externalfigure[cow.pdf][height=2cm]}{cow}
         {\externalfigure[cow.pdf][height=2cm]}{cow}
         {\externalfigure[cow.pdf][height=2cm]}{cow}
       \stopcombination}
    \input{knuth}

    \input{knuth}

Rik Kabel