[NTG-context] what happened to hangaround?

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Mon Mar 24 09:02:40 CET 2014

Am 2014-03-24 um 12:09 schrieb Philipp Gesang <Philipp.Gesang at alumni.uni-heidelberg.de>:

>> Hi again,
>> I’d like to flow some text around a picture.
>>
>> There was undocumented \starthangaround (it’s still in cont-new.mkiv in the garden), but it’s unknown in latest beta.
>> Is there a replacement?
>
> Try the hanging environment:
>
>    \setupexternalfigures [location=default]
>    \starttext
>      \starthanging{\externalfigure [cow.pdf][width=3.141cm]}
>        \input ward
>      \stophanging
>    \stoptext
>
> I think it is supposed to be the successor to hangaround.

Dankeschön!

I updated the wiki page: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Using_Graphics#Flow_text_around_a_picture

There are some issues:

- \starthanging doesn’t accept parameters (using \setuphanging for every second picture is evil)
- As you can see in wiki, the picture stands on the first line of the text. This is a MkII problem, it works with MkIV.
- If you try several paragraphs or \startlines, then only the first paragraph flows.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net