[NTG-context] suppressing console output

Lars Huttar lars_huttar at sil.org
Wed Mar 19 16:29:30 CET 2014

On 3/19/2014 11:09 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 3/19/2014 4:03 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> On Wed, 19 Mar 2014, Lars Huttar wrote:
>>
>>> Can anyone tell me how to suppress non-critical messages from
>>> context as
>>> it runs?
>>
>> There are two types of messages that ConTeXt generates: Messages that
>> come from TeX engine and messages that come from ConTeXt macro code. If
>> you use
>>
>> context --noconsole filename
>>
>> the messages from ConTeXt are suppressed.

Thanks, Aditya. I will try adding a filename argument.
This does seem to get rid of a lot of non-critical output, though not
all, as you noted in your followup email.

>> I don't know of a way to
>> suppress messages that originate from TeX engine.
>
> \dontcomplain

Is there any documentation about what kinds of complaints this
suppresses? I couldn't find any in the usual places. Apparently it is a
ConTeXt command rather than a primitive TeX one.

Lars