[NTG-context] vertical alignment of margindata

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Wed Mar 19 15:57:57 CET 2014

Hi,

apologies for the slightly silly example, but I hope it shows my
problem: from processing an xml file, I have material which is best
typeset in some sort of table environment (I think). It also has some
sort of sectioning mechanism which is displayed as margindata. If you
typeset the example, you can see that these margindata are aligned to
the bottom line of the table. Is there any way to make them align to the
top? Bonus points if they are aligned with the content of the first
table row (and not with the top border of the table).

Thanks and all best

Thomas

\setuppapersize [A5]

\setupbodyfont [times,12pt]

\definemargindata [SYM]      [left] [hoffset=1.5em,style=bold]

\starttext

\SYM{1} test

\blank[line]

\SYM{2} \dontleavehmode \startxtable
	\startxrow
		\startxcell
			Hello
		\stopxcell
		\startxcell
			I want to make this line slightly longer to see what happens if it
exceeds the width of the paper.
		\stopxcell
	\stopxrow
	\startxrow
		\startxcell
			World
		\stopxcell
		\startxcell
			this line can be shorter.
		\stopxcell
	\stopxrow
\stopxtable

\blank[line]

\SYM{3} \dontleavehmode \bTABLE
	\bTR
		\bTD
			Hello
		\eTD
		\bTD
			I want to make this line slightly longer to see what happens if it
exceeds the width of the paper.
		\eTD
	\eTR
	\bTR
		\bTD
			World
		\eTD
		\bTD
			this line can be shorter.
		\eTD
	\eTR
\eTABLE

\blank[line]

\SYM{4} \dontleavehmode \starttabulate[|lw(2cm)|p|]
\NC Hello \NC I want to make this line slightly longer to see what
happens if it exceeds the width of the paper. \NC \NR
\NC World \NC this line can be shorter. \NC\NR
\stoptabulate