[NTG-context] \seeindex and secondary index (register) levels

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Wed Mar 19 01:11:59 CET 2014

How can I get \seeindex to refer to other than the top-level of an index
entry? In the following MWE, I would like to link to /text+more/, not
/text,/ and not /text+some/. That is, the highlight should include the
name of the lower level(s). The actual link should be to the page with
the entry for the reference text in the case that the top level is on
one page of the index and the secondary entry on the next page.

If this cannot be done, I can live with a separate \index{text, more}
entry, but that is ugly when there are other text+something entries.

I would also like to be able to specify the format of the reference,
perhaps with before/middle/after keys. This would allow /text -> more/
or otherwise as my publisher's style guide may require.

    \setupinteraction[state=start]

    \starttext

    Some text\index{text+some}.

    More text\index{text+more}.

    And more\seeindex{I want}{text+more} and more\seeindex{I get}{text}.

    \placefootnotes

    \placeindex

Rik