[NTG-context] [Index] Indenting long primaries after secondaries

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Mar 16 19:06:28 CET 2014

On 3/16/2014 6:31 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:

>>> My main wish is fixing that indentation (or offering any workaround).
>>
>> we get this:

>> primary
>>     secondary
>>       tertiary 1
>> primary long primary long primary
>>     long primary long primary long 1
>> primary longer primary longer primary
>>     longer primary longer primary longer
>>     1
>>

> hmm, I was getting different output in ConTeXt-2014.03.07:

> primary
>    secondary
>       tertiary 1
> primary long primary long primary
> long primary long primary long 1 (!!! this was not indented)
> primary longer primary longer primary
>    longer primary longer primary longer 1
>
> (or see the screenshot)
>
> I've just updated ConTeXt to 2014.03.16 and now it works as expected!
>
> Thanks a lot!

The register mechanism has been adapted a bit and this was probably a
positive side effect. Some changes:

- using mixed columns
- support for: referencemethod=forward (smaller tuc files)
- more efficient interactive support (esp when no page numbers)
- better keeping entries and subentries together

Apart from that the beta has some (small) speed improvements and there
will be a slightly different index anchoring once the new version of
luatex is available on all platforms.

Also, the beta has slightly different low level implementation of some
of the interactive features (which can result in more efficient pdf
files in some cases). In fact, due to some other changes, pdf files
could be smaller anyway.