[NTG-context] [Index] Indenting long primaries after secondaries

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Mar 16 17:14:29 CET 2014

On 3/16/2014 4:34 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> On 2014-03-16 Hans Hagen wrote:

>> how is a \dorecurse supposed to get sorted ...
>>

> That \dorecurse is used in this MWE only to make it shorter. Indeed, this
> command confuses the letter grouping procedure so this is the reason why I
> specified the sorting key via the bracket syntax [].
>
> I think there is no need to fix this grouping issue (not enough ROI), but if
> so, I would expect to resolve the \dorecurse command first and then apply
> the grouping/sorting etc.
>
> My main wish is fixing that indentation (or offering any workaround).

stylistic variant:

\defineprocessor[twolines][command=\MyStyle]

\unexpanded\def\MyStyle#1%
   {\setbox\scratchbox\hbox{#1}%
    \scratchdimen\dimexpr\hsize-\leftskip-\hangindent\relax
    \ifdim\wd\scratchbox>\scratchdimen
      \aftergroup\hangafter
      \aftergroup\plustwo
      \aftergroup\break
    \else\ifdim\wd\scratchbox>2\scratchdimen
      \aftergroup\hangafter
      \aftergroup\plustwo
      \aftergroup\break
    \fi\fi
    \unhbox\scratchbox}

\setupregister
   [balance=no]

\setupregister
   [index:1]
   [textstyle=\MyStyle]

\starttext
     \index{primary+secondary+tertiary}
     \index{twolines->primary long primary long primary long primary
long primary long}
     \index{twolines->primary longer primary longer primary longer