[NTG-context] Bug: Columnar itemized text

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Mar 6 13:44:21 CET 2014

On 3/6/2014 11:46 AM, Thangalin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe I have isolated the problem:
>
> \starttext
>    balance
>    \startmixedcolumns[balance=yes,]
>      \dorecurse{8}{\input{ward}}
>    \stopmixedcolumns
>    %\page
>
>    strut
>    \startmixedcolumns[grid=strut,]
>      \dorecurse{4}{\input{knuth}}
>    \stopmixedcolumns
> \stoptext
>
> When balanced mixedcolumns are followed by mixedcolumns using a strut
> grid, then the content of the second mixedcolumns will extend into the
> footer area on the next page. However, if the content of the strut
> grid mixedcolumns is long enough to incur a page break on that next
> page, then no content spills into the footer.
>
> How can I help fix this?

can you experiment with this:

\unprotect

\setvalue{\??mixedcolumnsstop\s!otr}%
   {\par
    \ifcase\c_page_mix_otr_nesting\or
      \doifelse{\mixedcolumnsparameter\c!balance}\v!yes
        {\c_page_mix_routine\c_page_mix_routine_balance}%
        {\penalty-\plustenthousand}% weird hack, we need to trigger the
otr sometimes
      \page_otr_trigger_output_routine
    \fi}

\protect