[NTG-context] Footnote mark gap

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 14:06:28 CET 2014

Am 28.02.2014 um 19:56 schrieb Jan Tosovsky <j.tosovsky at email.cz>:

> On 2014-02-27 Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Am 27.02.2014 um 23:19 schrieb Thangalin <thangalin at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Try:
>>>
>>> \setupfootnotes[
>>> textstyle={\hskip.05em},
>>> ]
>>
>> It's better to add the space with the textcommand key.
>>
>> \setupnote[footnote][textcommand={\hairspace\high}]
>
> Thanks! I was trying \hskip on \setupnotation[footnote] before as I though
> this command is preferred in MkIV. My fault.

The \setupnotation command replaced the old \setupnotedefintion command and a few setting
like counter related values moved from \setupnote to \setupnotation but the layout of the numbers
in the text body is still controlled by \setupnote.

> When I saw 'hairspace' I was afraid the footnote mark can wrap to the next
> line, but after some tests it seems to be a false assumption.

Yes, \hairspace is a unbreakable space and will kep the number together with the last word.

Wolfgang