[NTG-context] starttexdefinition error in standalone, works in TL2013

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Thu Feb 27 16:13:26 CET 2014

On 2014-02-26 23:08, Rik Kabel wrote:
> The following code processes cleanly under TL2013 and fails with
> ConTeXt  ver: 2014.02.14 17:07 MKIV beta  fmt: 2014.2.16  int:
> english/english. I suspect a regression, but I am also open to being
> told that I am doing things incorrectly.
>
> --
> Rik Kabel

Sorry for the not-so-minimal example with the obvious errors around the
setup. Here is a stripped version that shows the problem:

    % macros=mkvi

    \let\EndTranslation\relax

    % The following should work, but fails with current beta
    \starttexdefinition Trans #TRANSLATION\EndTranslation
       #TRANSLATION
    \stoptexdefinition

    % This version works with both TexLive and current standalone beta
    \def\Translation#TRANSLATION\EndTranslation%
    {#TRANSLATION%
    }

    \starttext

    Translation using \tex{def}{\tex{doTranslation}} works both with
    TL2013 and current beta.

    \Translation
       It betrays a slow-witted mentality to pursue the streams, but not
    to see the sources of things.
    \EndTranslation

    \blank

    Translation using \tex{starttexdef doTrans} fails with current beta.

    \Trans
       It betrays a slow-witted mentality to pursue the streams, but not
    to see the sources of things.
    \EndTranslation

Rik