[NTG-context] Selectfont: extend and slant features

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 23:13:53 CET 2014

Am 26.02.2014 um 18:18 schrieb Joshua Krämer <joshua.kraemer at gmail.com>:

> Dear list,
>
> the (fake) extend and slant features seem to be missing with Selectfont.
> Will they be made available sometimes in the future?  Or am I simply
> doing something wrong?  With simplefonts, they work.
>

> \definefontfeature [mainfeature] [default] [onum=yes]
> \definefontfeature [testfeature] [onum=no, extend=2, slant=0.25]
>
> \definefontfamily [mainfamily] [serif] [Latin Modern Roman]
>  [features={mainfeature}]
>
> \setupbodyfont [mainfamily, 50pt]
>
> \starttext
>
> 1236
>
> \addfeature [testfeature]
>
> 1236
>
> \stoptext

1. The problem is unrelated to the \definefontfamily command.

\definefontfeature [default] [default] [onum=yes]
\definefontfeature [testfeature] [onum=no,extend=2,slant=0.25]

\setupbodyfont [modern, 50pt]

\starttext

1236

{\feature[+][testfeature]1236}

\stoptext

2. When you apply your “testfeature” to a certain font alternative (e.g. italic) it will work.

\definefontfeature [mainfeature] [default] [onum=yes]
\definefontfeature [testfeature] [onum=no,extend=2,slant=0.25]

\definefontfamily [mainfamily] [serif] [Latin Modern Roman] [features=mainfeature,it={style:regular,features:{mainfeature,testfeature}}]

\setupbodyfont [mainfamily,50pt]

\starttext

1236

{\it 1236}