[NTG-context] Installation Bug with Minimals

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Feb 22 01:24:20 CET 2014

On 2/21/2014 2:02 AM, Troy Henderson wrote:
> I have identified the problem.  I have ConTeXt minimals installed
> simultaneously with ConTeXt from TeXLive 2013.  Unsetting the
> environmental variable TEXMFMAIN (which was set to my TeXLive 2013 TEXMF
> directory) fixes the problem.  Perhaps the minimals installation should
> unset (or ignore) this variable.

originally we did 'reset' these variables but at some point we stopped
doing that because the recommended method is to let it be set
automatically (from the cnf file) - also, in the meantime we figured
that other distributions didn't set those vars any longer - i'm not too
fond on changing setuptex in oscillating ways (every year a new policy)