[NTG-context] setupenumerations overwriting setupitemize

Thomas Friedrich friedrich at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu Feb 20 15:09:23 CET 2014

> Am 20.02.2014 um 14:45 schrieb Thomas Möbius <kontakt at thomasmoebius.de>:
>
>> A general question.  I use setupenumerations to define theorem-,
>> lemma-, and definition-environments for my document.  I realised that
>> setupenumerations is overwriting keys that are set in setupitemize
>> (and groups defined by defineitemgroup).
>>
>> ~~~snip~~~
>> \setupenumerations [numberconversion=numbers]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startitemize[a]
>>  \item Text Text
>>  \item Text Text
>> \stopitemize
>> \stoptext
>> ~~~snip~~~
>>
>> vs.
>>
>> ~~~snip~~~
>> %\setupenumerations [numberconversion=numbers]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startitemize[a]
>>  \item Text Text
>>  \item Text Text
>> \stopitemize
>> \stoptext
>> ~~~snip~~~
>>
>> This is unintuitive for me.. Is this expected behavior??
>
> What is the problem, I can’t see a difference in the output of both examples?
>
> Wolfgang

Interesting..

In the first example I see

1. Text Text
2. Text Text

in the second, I see

a. Text Text
b. Text Text

I am using the context version from the Ubuntu package manager.

% context --version

mtx-context     | ConTeXt Process Management 0.52
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | main context file: /usr/share/texmf/tex/contex
t/base/context.mkiv
mtx-context     | current version: 2012.05.30 11:26

Probably, I should update.